Rotronic is proud to announce the introduction of a new series of Intrinsically Safe sensors and measurement transmitters, suitable for installation in areas where there is a risk of explosion due to the presence of dust or gas in the environment.
They were developed for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, grain & sugar, petrochemical, and oil & gas industries.
Conforming to the latest international standards, the HygroFlex5-EX measurement transmitter is galvanically isolated, there is no need for an intrinsically safe power supply, dedicated ‘clean’ earth or a Zener barrier. The stainless steel probe selected for the application from the range available is rapidly interchangeable, no calibration adjustment required.
Significant advantages of the Rotronic ATEX humidity & temperature sensors:
• Interchangeable stainless steel probes certified for operation in Zone 0/20.
• Standard & cable mount probes, screw-in probe for applications at pressure.
• HygroFlex5-EX measurement transmitter certified for Zone 1/21.
• No intrinsically safe power supply required; galvanically separated.
• Wall and duct versions of the measurement transmitter available.
• 2-wire supply, 2-analogue outputs (inc. dew point, g/kg & moisture values).
• Sensor alarm – humidity & temperature can be set to fail high.
• Robust aluminium transmitter housing; IP66 protection.
• LC display option with trend indicators. Keypad for configuration.
• Service interface (USB) for configuration using HW4 (outside explosion zone).
• Range of calibration accessories available (for use outside the explosion zone).