Home >Earmuffs integrate Bluetooth so workers can stay connected
Earmuffs integrate Bluetooth so workers can stay connected
26 July 2017
Honeywell has launched new protective earmuffs designed to allow workers to stay connected while continuing to protect hearing on noisy sites.
The new Honeywell Howard Leight Sync Wireless earmuffs integrate Bluetooth wireless technology allowing workers to talk on the phone, connect with co-workers, get instructions and perform tasks without sacrificing hearing protection in noisy or dangerously loud environments.
“Noise-induced hearing loss is a significant safety risk in industrial and commercial settings, so ensuring workers keep hearing protection in place at all times is critical,” said Nimil Nelson David, product manager EMEAI, hearing protection, for Honeywell Industrial Safety. “With Sync Wireless, workers who rely on smart phones or need to talk to co-workers or supervisors in noisy environments can stay connected and productive without sacrificing safety.”
The earmuffs connect wirelessly via Bluetooth to most smartphones and feature a boom microphone that enables workers to answer calls and carry on clear phone conversations while keeping the phone safely in a pocket. The wireless format eliminates the need for cords or cabling that can pose trip, slip or hand hazards.
“Slipping off a headset to take a call creates safety risks,” continues Nimil Nelson David. “Honeywell is committed to adapting new technologies to keep workers and their job sites connected and safe.”
Features of the new headset include:
- Bluetooth 4.1 offers improved connectivity and reliability of data transfer and use with 4G cell phones.
- Ergonomic design for simple operation, with volume control buttons and flashing coloured lights to indicate different settings.
- Boom microphone provides crystal-clear communication in noisy environments and rotates out of the way when not in use.
- Volume management technology limits output volume from portable audio devices to 82dB; air flow control technology provides optimal noise reduction across all frequencies to SNR32dB.
- Steel headband construction and padded earcups for long-wearing comfort and use.
- 16+ hour rechargeable battery.