EWSHM Conference 2018: Call for papers
28 September 2017
The European Workshop on Structural Health Monitoring Series (EWSHM) will take place next year from 10th to13th July in Manchester, UK. Abstracts are invited on all aspects of structural health monitoring.
EWSHM started in 2002 and since then has grown significantly over the years. The previous conference, which was held in Nantes in 2014, brought together more than 500 delegates and 20 industrial exhibitors.
The British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT) is the organiser of EWSHM 2018 and will present the conference in the same style as previous events, with multiple paper sessions in parallel, as well as poster presentations.
Offers of papers covering a broad range of SHM technologies and applications are invited from both academia and industry, including:
- Physical principles monitoring (mechanical, acoustic, optical, electrical, etc)
- Signal processing (FFT, wavelet, PCA, pattern recognition, feature extraction, etc)
- Multifunctional materials and structures (self-sensing materials, novel energy storage systems, energy harvesting, self-diagnostic structures, bio-mimetic, etc)
- Modelling and simulation (digital twins, integration of data-driven and physics-based methods, multi-physics multi-scale modelling approaches, etc)
- Sensors and sensor networks (NEMS/MEMS, bio-inspired sensor networks, remote & wireless communication, self-diagnostic networks, etc)
- SHM application (aerospace, marine, civil engineering, railway, automotive, energy, medicine, etc)
- Emphasis on full-scale structural demonstration and applications.
Abstracts of no more than 200 words must be submitted online at: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ewshm2018 or via the link on the BINDT website at: http://www.bindt.org/events/ewshm-2018/call-for-papers/ by 29 December 2017.
For questions concerning the abstract or paper submission process, please contact: email@example.com