Home >Neon platform celebrates first birthday
Neon platform celebrates first birthday
04 October 2021
CELEBRATING ITS first birthday, the Neon platform was launched by EngineeringUK with the aim of providing teachers with a one-stop-shop for quality assured online and offline engineering outreach experiences and resources.
Previous research from EngineeringUK showed that young people who have taken part in a STEM careers activity were three times more likely to consider a career in engineering. Since its launch, Neon has made a great impact; below are some of the key stats from the past 12 months:
- 65,000 visitors have come to the site, looking at over 220,000 pages
- 1750 teachers and careers advisors from 1100 schools are now registered users
- The careers resources have been downloaded over 26,000 times
- 890 teachers and careers advisors subscribed to the weekly email
Neon features a range of content, including:
- 146 experiences from 79 STEM outreach providers
- 123 case studies
- 33 careers resources, including the most recent Engineer your future presentation
These figures only represent a portion of Neon’s success in providing engineering outreach activities to teachers and students and EngineeringUK expects the next 12 months to be even bigger and better.