In the picture on thermography
10 March 2014
Fluke is offering a series of free thermography seminars throughout the UK and Ireland.
The seminars are one element of the Fluke Academy programme (www.flukeacademy.shuttlepod.org/UK-seminars).
They are designed to highlight how thermal imaging can be used to identify the presence of faults in equipment under normal working conditions. Each seminar will cover:
• The difference between a visual image and a thermal image
• What that difference means to be able to find latent electrical defects like bad connections
• An understanding of some limitations of thermal imaging
• An introduction to the common types of electrical defects in High, Medium and Low voltage that can be detected with a thermal imager
• The benefits of thermal imaging for improving maintenance practices
• Tips and tricks on using a Fluke Thermal Imager to help detect electrical defects.
Other seminars in the Fluke Academy programme cover power quality improvement, one designed to help facilities reduce their energy costs; troubleshooting motors and drives to minimise plant downtime; and calibrating and troubleshooting process instrumentation.