Home >Six-gas monitor with Benzene-specific measurement
Six-gas monitor with Benzene-specific measurement
25 January 2016
Shawcity has introduced the new MultiRAE Benzene monitor from Honeywell to the UK market. This unit builds on the success of the MultiRAE and UltraRAE platforms to now provide breakthrough monitoring of up to six gases, including Benzene.
This provides a solution for any site where there are multiple gas measurement requirements including Benzene. With the capability to add up to four electrochemical cells or one catalytic bead, it is possible to measure the threats on site simultaneously in one low-cost package.
The unit includes a 9.8eV lamp which can be used either with the patented six chamber cartridge for Benzene-specific measurement or via the clear seventh chamber to monitor general VOCs, particularly in the aromatic spectrum.
This unit can also communicate wirelessly with the closed loop Echoview system, allowing site supervisors to view live measurements from up to eight instruments simultaneously.
Key features of the new MultiRAE Benzene monitor:
• Versatile multi-gas and Benzene-specific modes
• Wireless access to real-time instrument readings and alarm status from any location
• Unmistakable five-way local and remote wireless notification of alarm conditions, including Man Down Alarm
• Intelligent sensors store calibration data, so they can be swapped in the field
• Continuous datalogging (up to six months for five sensors) and snapshot datalogging capabilities.