IP&E Live: Full line-up here!
13 November 2020
TAKING PLACE on Tuesday 17 November, the inaugural IP&E Live online seminar will feature a packed programme of presentations aimed at anyone with an interest in industrial maintenance and reliability. You can gain on-demand access the presentations after the event by registering.
As well as information from event sponsors Omicron and Megger, there will be presentations from the United Kingdom Lubricants Association (UKLA), the Manufacturing Technologies Association (MTA), the Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA), and British Compressed Air Society (BCAS), as follows:
- Verifying Criticality of Industrial Power Equipment, presented by Florian Fink Product Manager, Omicron - The motto of industrial power grids is ‘production must run!’, as unplanned production stops can cause serious stress and expense. By analysing the grid, we can detect issues with critical equipment in advance to prevent potential power outages that cause production to stop. In this paper, we will give sample use cases to show how the grid can be hardened against outages through monitoring critical equipment with asset management and smart testing solutions.
- Electrical Testing of your Critical Motors, presented by Mike Herring, Regional Sales Manager, Megger - Electric motors are critical assets in many Industries and environments. Whilst vibration analysis, acoustic analysis, thermography and oil analysis are technologies that are commonly employed as part of a predictive maintenance programme, the motor’s winding is often given little consideration, other than a simple insulation resistance test, and perhaps a phase to phase winding resistance test.
This seminar will investigate the benefits and limitations of these two electrical tests, and discuss the additional tests that will help improve the detection of developing insulation faults. We will also look at dynamic motor testing, which is used to help understand condition of the entire driven system – power supply, motor and the load, simply by analysing the voltage and current of the three phases.
- Are you working safely with metalworking fluids? presented by Matt Bloomer, UKLA and Fiona McGarry, HSE -Metalworking fluids (MWF) can cause occupational asthma, occupational hypersensitivity pneumonitis and dermatitis. This webinar will improve your ability to manage the health hazards from MWF. It is aimed at health and safety managers, factory managers and engineers and will include:
• A case study of an HSE investigation
• A summary of the requirements for protecting the health of workers
• An outline of the guidance published by UKLA and HSE
• A summary of the testing which must be performed on metalworking fluids, to maintain its quality and prevent risks to health
- Through Life Engineering Services, presented by James Selka, CEO, MTA - Through Life Enginnering Services (TES) is a set of tools and techniques, business thinking and network behaviour that enables reliable and predictable improvement of value in-use and also enables reliable and predictable reduction of cost in-use.
This session will explain how TES will increase the in-use value and reduce the in-use cost of long life engineered assets to the benefit of the user and provider.
- Importance of Thorough Examination of Lifting Equipment, presented by Benjamin Dobbs MSc BEng Hons, Head of Technical Services at The Lifting Equipment Engineers Association - This session will cover
• LOLER & PUWER
• Approved codes of practice
• Competent persons
• Defined scopes of examination
• Supplementary testing in support of an examination
• Written schemes of examination
Pressure Systems Regulations and Training, presented by Roy Brooks, Technical Development Officer at British Compressed Air Society (BCAS).
All attendees will receive CPD points. Register to attend for FREE at https://events.streamgo.co.uk/IPE-Live