Home>Premises management/maintenance>Cleaning equipment>Plastic-free packaging for sustainable maintenance and a fossil-free future
Home>Handbooks>Manufacturing Matters Ireland>Plastic-free packaging for sustainable maintenance and a fossil-free future
Home>Health, Safety & Welfare>Safety Management>Plastic-free packaging for sustainable maintenance and a fossil-free future
ARTICLE

Plastic-free packaging for sustainable maintenance and a fossil-free future

16 December 2021

TORK® AIMS for 100% recyclable packaging by 2025, and introduces biobased cleaning cloth to help manufacturers meet their own sustainability goals.

Today’s manufacturers face the difficult challenge of balancing the demand to continuously improve productivity with the need to meet sustainability goals. As sustainability is becoming increasingly significant in the choice of industrial cleaning solutions, Tork, an Essity brand, has extended its offering with new products and packaging that help manufacturing businesses improve on both fronts.

Tork works continuously to develop new fossil-free packaging options, optimise packaging and compress products so that less packaging material is needed – saving both on resources and transport. Today, almost 90% of Tork packaging is made from renewable resources such as recyclable paper or cardboard. The remaining 10% use plastic packaging, and the aim is to have 100% recyclable packaging for all products by 2025.

With the Tork plastic pledge, Essity aims to design products that fit within a circular system, increasing resource efficiency and making more from less. This work involves limiting the use of fossil-based plastic, testing new materials to replace it, and evaluating renewable options.

The brand is now launching improvements to their popular W4&W7 systems and introducing the new plant-based and sustainably sourced Tork Biobased Heavy-Duty Cleaning Cloth to help manufacturers reduce their environmental impact.

Learn more about the updated Tork industrial cleaning range and sustainable maintenance solutions at tork.co.uk/manufacturing.

 
OTHER ARTICLES IN THIS SECTION
FEATURED SUPPLIERS
 
TWITTER FEED